Certificates of Authentication
Whether you are producing open or limited edition prints from your art, photoART GB can provide Certificates of Authenticity (CoA) with your prints.
There are certain criteria that must be met for us to issue a CoA with your prints, and these are listed below. We will be very strict about these criteria, as it’s not only your name as the artist that is at stake, it’s also our reputation as a print supplier that is on the line.
- You must decide, prior to the first print being made, whether your prints will be offered as open or limited editions
- Once decided, if you are offering limited editions you must decide on the total number in the edition.
- These numbers cannot, under any circumstances, be changed during the print run.
- If you are offering different sizes within a limited edition print run, the amount of each size available must be stated on the CoA’s. For example in an edition run of 75 you may be offering x25 at A4, x25 at A3 and x25 at A2, Alternatively you may just be offering them all at the same size. But whatever the decision that appears on each of the CoA’s made for each print in the run.
- If offering the print as a limited edition you can not then reproduce that image as a postcard, greetings card or on any other media. The image is being produced as a limited edition, so the only way to make it stay limited is by ensuring that it doesn’t appear on any other media.
If the above guidelines are not met then we regret that we will not be able to issue CoA’s for your prints.
Our set of rules are based on those set out by the Fine Art Trade Guild, you can find out more information on Limited Edition prints here.
CoA’s must also display certain information and you can download our form to fill in here. (Link)
The information that we need is as follows:
- Name of Artists / Photographer
- Title of image
- Original size
- Print size
- Print medium
- Print media
- Date of issue
- Edition size (if limited)
- Edition number (if limited)
Download our CoA info form here.
We have 2 different design templates to which to choose from or we can either use your own design or design a certificate to your own design, charges will apply for custom services.
About UsphotoART GB was established in 2005 by Gary Jeffrey and Bob Law, the GB in photoART GB! With many years experience of image handling gained in the traditional photographic darkrooms behind them, Gary and Bob have transferred their knowledge and skills to the digital arena. photoART GB prides itself in the level of personal friendly service provided, and we're always happy to talk through your specific requirements with you, tailoring our services to each individual clients needs.
Price GuideDownload your price guide here! This useful guide is packed full with lots of valuable information about our prices and the range of services we can provide. Click the button below to download the PDF.
Contact UsphotoART GB Ltd
1 Brewery Road
Email Us Location Map
Opening TimesMonday to Friday:
9:00am to 6:00pm
First Saturday of Every Month:
9:00am to 1:00pm
Book an Appointment
Download your free 10 point artists guide to giclée printing here!